(1) All offers, sales contracts, deliveries and services made on the basis of any orders by our Customers (each, a “Customer“) through our online shop www.ural-shop.com (the “Internet Shop“) shall be governed by these general terms and conditions of sale (the „General Terms and Conditions“).
(2) The product offerings in the Internet Shop are directed to both Consumers and Business Customers (as defined below), but in each case only to end users. For the purpose of these General Terms and Conditions, (i) a “Consumer“ is any individual entering into the contract for a purpose not related to his or her business, trade or self-employed professional activity, and (ii) a “Business Customer“ is a Customer (whether an individual, company or partnership vested with legal capacity) who enters into the relevant contract in the conduct of its business or its self-employed professional activity.
(3) Standard business conditions of the Customer do not apply, regardless of whether or not we expressly object to them in a particular case.
(4) Our contracts with the Customer shall be made exclusively in the German or English language, in each case depending on whether the Customer makes the relevant purchase on our English language or on our German language website. Therefore, if the order is made on our German website, exclusively the German version of these General Terms and Conditions shall apply. If the order is made on our English language website, exclusively the English version of these General Terms and Conditions shall apply.
(1) Our offerings published in the Internet Shop are non-binding.
(2) By placing an order in the Internet Shop (which requires prior registration and acceptance of these General Terms and Conditions), the Customer makes a binding offer to purchase the relevant product. The offer shall remain valid and binding for a period ending on the end of the third business day after ordering the offer.
(3) Without undue delay upon receipt of the order, we will send to the Customer confirmation of receipt of their order, by e-mail, which shall not constitute an acceptance of the order. The order shall be deemed to be accepted by us either upon subsequent (e-mail) acceptance of the order or by dispatching the product. The sales contract with the Customer shall not become effective until we have accepted the order.
(4) Any Customer who is a Consumer shall be entitled to revoke the offer and return the product in accordance with the cancellation and return policy as stated on our website under the conditions relating to the order process.
(1) Our prices include statutory VAT, but do not include shipping costs. Any customs duties and similar public charges shall be borne by the Customer.
(2) Payment shall be made by credit card, paypal, or other payment service that is available in your country and we have a contract with.
(3) The Customer shall have no right of set-off or retention, except to the extent that the counterclaim has not been disputed by us or been determined by a final and binding decision.
(1) We shall dispatch the product prior to or on the date of dispatch (i. e. the date on which the product is handed over by us to the carrier), as set out on the offer page when the Customer places the order; provided, however, that any such date of dispatch shall be only approximate and may therefore be exceeded by up to two business days. If no date of dispatch is indicated, we shall dispatch the product at the latest within five business days for products specified as “in stock“ (subject to a prior sale permitted pursuant to subsection 2 below) and within three weeks for any other products. Any such time period relevant to determine the date of dispatch shall begin (a) if advance payment has been agreed, upon receipt by us of the full purchase price (including VAT and shipping costs).
(2) Partial deliveries of products included in the same order shall be permitted, provided that the products can be used separately and provided further that we shall bear any additional shipping costs arising from same.
(1) Unless expressly otherwise agreed upon, we shall be free to determine the appropriate mode of shipment and to select the carrier at our reasonable discretion.
(2) We shall only be obliged to properly and timely deliver the product to the carrier, and any transit times specified in the Internet Store shall only be non-binding estimates.
(3) If the Customer is a Consumer, the risk of accidental destruction, damage or loss of the delivered product shall pass to the Customer upon delivery of the product to the Customer or upon the Customer’s default of acceptance. In all other cases, such risk shall pass to the Customer upon delivery of the product by us to the carrier.
(1) We retain legal title to any product supplied by us until the purchase price (including VAT and shipping costs) for such product has been fully paid.
(1) In the event of a defect of the delivered product, the Customer shall be entitled to request from us to repair the defect or to supply another product (as ordered) which is free from defects; provided, however, that we shall have the right to choose between any such remedies at our discretion if the Customer is a Business Customer. Such choice shall be made by us by written notice (ie. “text form“, including by telefax or by e-mail) within a period of three business days following receipt of the Customer’s notice of the defect. We may refuse to remedy a defective product in the manner requested by the Customer if such remedy would result in unreasonable costs.
(2) If the remedy (supplementary performance) pursuant to Section 7 (1) fails or cannot reasonably be expected from the Customer or we refuse to so remedy the defect, the Customer shall be entitled to terminate the sales contract, reduce the purchase price or claim damages or frustrated expenses, in each case in accordance with applicable law; provided, however, that damage claims of the Customer shall be subject to the provisions contained in Section 9 of these General Terms and Conditions.
(3) The warranty period shall be two years upon delivery of the product if the Customer is a Consumer or otherwise twelve months upon delivery of the product.
(4) With regard to Business Customers only, the following shall apply: The Customer shall promptly inspect the product with due care upon delivery. The delivered product shall be deemed to be approved by the Customer unless the defect is notified to us (i) in case of any obvious defects within a period of five business days upon delivery or otherwise (ii) within five business days from the day on which the defect has been identified.
(1) Our liability for negligence, other than for gross negligence, resulting from late delivery shall be limited to an amount equal to (10)% of the aggregate purchase price (including VAT).
(2) We shall not be liable (on whatever legal grounds) for damages which may not reasonably be foreseen, considering the type of the relevant order and product and assuming a normal use of the product. Furthermore, our liability shall be excluded for damages resulting out of a loss of data if their recovery is not possible or impeded due to a failure to perform appropriate data back-up procedures. The foregoing limitations of liability shall not apply in cases of wilful misconduct or gross negligence.
(3) The provisions of this Section 9 shall not apply with respect to our liability for guaranteed product specifications, personal injury or under the Austrian Product Liability Act.
(1) We may save and process any data relating to the Customer, to the extent necessary for the purpose of the execution and implementation of the sales contract and as long as we are required to keep such data in accordance with applicable law.
(2) We shall retain the right to submit personal data relating to the Customer to credit agencies, to the extent necessary for a credit check, subject however, to the Customer’s consent in each individual case. We shall neither make available any personal data of the Customer to other third parties without the express consent of the Customer, except to the extent that we are required to disclose any data pursuant to applicable law.
(3) We shall not be permitted to collect, submit to any third party or otherwise process personal data of the Customer for any purpose other than those set forth in Section 10 herein.
(1) Any contracts entered into between us and the Customer shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Austria under exclusion of the UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods (CISG), without prejudice to any mandatory conflict of legal provisions.
(2) If the Customer is a corporation, limited liability company, commercial partnership or operates a commercial business or if the Customer is a legal entity or special fund organized under public law, the courts in Linz, Austria, shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of all disputes arising out of, or in connection with the relevant contract. In all other cases, we or the Customer may file suit before any court of competent jurisdiction under applicable law.
11. Buyer’s rights to rescind – Cancellation procedure
11.1.The Buyer shall have the right to withdraw from the Agreement and to return the goods (without giving any reason) received within 14 days from receipt to CONGENIA at CONGENIA’s risk and the buyers expense. This period shall run from the date on which the goods were delivered to the Buyer.
11.2. The Buyer shall return the goods to CONGENIA. In the event that the Buyer fails to return the goods in propper condition, or CONGENIA incurs any related costs, the Buyer shall be obliged to compensate CONGENIA for any damages incurred.
11.3. All returns shall be made to:
11.4. Goods specially manufactured to the Buyer’s specifications, or goods clearly tailored to the Buyer’s personal needs shall be excluded from the right to return. CONGENIA’s legal liability for quality defects shall remain unaffected by the regulation of the foregoing sentence.
11.5. Consequences of Buyer’s withdrawal: In the event of a legally effective withdrawal, both Parties shall restore what has been received in performance of the Agreement, and, if applicable, the Buyer shall compensate CONGENIA for any benefits of use. In the event that the merchandise has deteriorated, CONGENIA may demand reasonable compensation for the depreciation in value. The regulation of the foregoing sentence shall, however, not apply to any deterioration of the merchandise solely caused by a reasonable examination to an extent that would, for instance, have been possible for the Buyer in a retail store.
11.6. Your refund will be credited
- to the credit card used for the original purchase
- to paypal by refunding to your paypal account
Our customer service is at your service from 8:30am until 17:00pm MEZ (Monday to Friday)
Tel: +43 7243 21510
Fax: +43 7243 21519